Itinerary (1-2 days)
Morning: Organic farm visit
Don Carlos leads a private tour around his beautiful organic farm, lying near el Carmen de Viboral - a town 1 hour from Medellin. Visitors witness the whole organic process and get the chance to make their own delicious cream cheese.
For lunch we head to Don Carlos' vegetarian restaurant in el Carmen where guests will dine on fresh cuisine and be able to purchase delicious produce.
Afternoon: Ceramics workshop/cooking class & yoga
Our expert guide takes us on a spiritual journey of peace and well-being before guests help support local with a dynamic workshop making ceramics - the emblematic industry in el Carmen. The second option involves a cooking class using the organic produce purchased from Don Carlos' store.
Evening: Reflections session
We end the day with a reflections session which will highlight the need for us to continue consuming responsibly. Guests will leave with the tools to be able to measure just how their eating and buying habits impact the climate.
- Lunch and snacks (all our choices are grown locally and have a measurable life cycle)
- Transport (we take a private bus to el Carmen and to Don Carlos' farm)
- Guides (all our guides are experts in sustainable production and agriculture)
- All scheduled excursions and activities
- Donation to a sustainable development project in a local school. (We are dedicated to a 1x1 scheme whereby for every paying guest on our trip we offer a free trip for a local student. More information below)
Our Social Impact Project
Thanks to our alliances with local schools we are developing a project to educate with a purpose schools in the urban areas of el Carmen de Viboral. Through our 1x1 scheme we offer a free trip to Don Carlos' farm for a local student for every Kagumu guest that visits. Beginning with La Milagrosa school, we aim to give students the tools to be able to grow their own organic fruit and vegetable gardens in their own schools. To find out more about our other social project contact us by clicking below.