Kagumu Adventures - Project Manager
Do you want to help people travel more responsibly while making a real difference in Colombia?
Do you have the energy and flair to lead a large group of adults or children?
If you answered yes to the above questions, we may have the travel job that you've been looking for.
At Kagumu Adventures we create unbelievable memories for our travelers while also empowering them to make a real difference in the world. As Project Manager, you will follow the logistics of the tour, run our sustainable experiences and ensure our guests enjoy an unforgettable journey.
Location: Antioquia, Santa Marta and the Pacific Coast with the opportunity for expansion all over Colombia.
Schedule: Lead week-long tours once or twice a month.
- A love for travel: the more experience you have traveling around Colombia and the world the better.
- A passion for sustainability: we need our Project Managers to be knowledgeable about responsible travel and take a keen interest in promoting this on our tours.
- Bilingualism: our guides need to have a C1 or C2 level of English. Those with a B2 level but with a sparkling personality may also apply.
- Excellent Leadership Skills: you will be leading groups of either adults or children and will need to engage with them on each part of their journey.
- Excellent communication skills: you will be liaising with community leaders, local guides and Kagumu staff along the way.
- Calm under pressure: things will go wrong so you will have to have a proven ability to work well under pressure.
- First Aid. A first aid certificate is required.
- You’ll travel… a lot: You’ll create unforgettable experiences, help develop Colombia as a travel destination and promote sustainability to the next generation of travelers. For start, you will be exploring Medellin’s transformed neighborhoods and spearheading cultural exchanges between locals and visitors. In the same week, you’ll raft in Rio Claro, visit indigenous communities in Santa Marta and watch humpback whales jumping out of the Pacific Ocean.
- Work as part of an exciting new team: this includes graduates in sustainable environmental studies, anthropologists, organic farmers, biologists and travel writers.
- You’ll improve foreign language skills and learn about international cultures.
- Manage and guide the group through a 8-day or 12-day experience.
- Stay with the group the entire time and resolve any issues that occur.
- Keep in contact with other Kagumu staff along the way.
- Liaise with community leaders, guides and company owners along the way.
- Facilitate, and in some cases, lead educational sessions during and after each day.
- Eat with the group at all times.
- Ensure each tour runs alongside the company philosophy and mission.
- Maintain daily accounts sheets.
- Provide a report of each trip.
- Help train new leaders along the way
Your role is the most important one of all. Whether a trip is a success or failure depends on you. Your main responsibility is to ensure your guests have fun, keep safe and enjoy unforgettable adventures.
Your trip will be fully financed by us. We also offer competitive pay and discounts on future trips.
If you are still interested please get in touch with your CV (resume) and a cover letter describing why you would be the perfect person for the job.
Please email – email@example.com